First pictures of three killers jailed over Bashir Mohamed gangland revenge stabbing

Police have issued the first pictures of three killers after a man was chased through the streets of Birmingham and fatally stabbed in a tit-for-tat revenge attack. Mohib Tasharat, Kasim Ifzaal and Ibrahim Raza were among a group of men who pursued and killed Bashir Mohamed in the early hours of April 22 last year.

Ther victim was chased by cars and on foot through Birmingham, before being stabbed in the arm. He bled to death at the scene in Ladywood.

Police identified Tasharat, 24, and 26-year-old Ifzaal as being among the attackers. Tasharat, of Wenlock Road, Handsworth, tried to flee the country the following day but officers arrested him at Birmingham Airport.

READ MORE: Live updates: Police seal off Broadstone Road in Yardley

Officers detained Ifzaal of Ombersley Road, Balsall Heath, three days later driving towards Dover port where he also intended to escape. Raza, 32, was arrested on May 10 at his Oldfield Road home.

Shortly before the 4.20am stabbing, Mr Mohamed was involved in a shooting in Fulham Road, Sparkbrook. The mayhem saw a shotgun fired at a house and the front door set alight.

Bashir Mohammed died in street stabbing attack
Bashir Mohammed died in street stabbing attack

Police said he ran off and robbed a car at gunpoint in Ladypool Road, in a bid to escape a group of men who emerged from the property. They chased the stolen Audi in a Nissan Note, at times ramming its rear bumper, before both crashed on grassland near Ashton Croft.

Mr Mohamed was cornered in Shyltons Croft by the men – plus others who arrived in more cars – before he was stabbed. Audio from a nearby doorbell camera caught the moment one of the offenders shouted: “I’ve killed him” before all the men made off.

Jailed: Raza, Ifzaal and Tasharat

They were charged with murder, but following lengthy deliberations at Birmingham Crown Court the jury were unable to reach a verdict.

READ MORE: First pictures of killer brothers who murdered Amin Talea in motiveless attack

All three admitted manslaughter. Tasharat, Ifzaal and Raza were jailed for 11, ten and six-and-a-half years respectively during sentencing on April 29.

A fourth man, Nabil Akhtar, was cleared of involvement in the killing. Det Insp Laura Harrison said: “There was clearly some kind of dispute between the two groups, which we believe escalated when a car deliberately rammed into a dessert shop in Ladypool Road last May.

“We believe that prompted an arson attack on a house in Fulham Road. The shocking fallout from that saw Mr Mohamed chased and fatally stabbed.

“These men pursued the victim for several minutes in cars and were determined to cause him serious harm.”

A 27-year-old man suspected of petrol bombing the house in Fulham Road before the stabbing is due to stand trial for arson and gun possession at a later date.

Source link

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: