TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama gymnastics announced its 2022 TV schedule in a release issued by the program on Thursday afternoon.
In total, nine of the Crimson Tide’s 10 regular-season meets will be either televised or streamed. All nine will be broadcast on the ESPN family of networks, including Alabama’s meet on Jan. 16 meet at Florida on ABC.
“We are very fortunate to have such strong broadcast partners, which has allowed us to take Alabama gymnastics from a national to a global presence,” Alabama head coach Dana Duckworth said. “We are beyond grateful and honored to have earned the opportunity to take part in the first regular-season meet to air on ABC. This is a historic moment in the growth of our sport and we can not wait to be a part of it. “
A total of three meets will be broadcast on SEC Network, including the Crimson Tide’s Jan. 21 meet against Kentucky, its Feb. 11 meet against Georgia and Feb. 25 against Missouri. Two meets will be streamed on SEC Network +, its Feb. 4 meet against Western Michigan and UNC and its March 4 meet against Arkansas.
Alabama’s meet at Oklahoma on Jan. 9 and at Auburn on Jan. 28 will be broadcast on ESPN2. The Crimson Tide’s lone meet on ESPNU will be against LSU on Feb. 18.
“We have another amazing schedule and while there is nothing like being present at Coleman Coliseum for a meet, the next best thing is tuning in and seeing the Crimson Tide in action,” Duckworth said.
Here is the official release issued by Alabama Athletics:
Alabama Gymnastics 2022 TV Schedule Announced
The Southeastern Conference and ESPN announced the league’s 2022 gymnastics television slate which includes nine of 10 Alabama’s regular-season meets that will be televised or streamed.
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – A total of nine of Alabama gymnastics’ 10 regular-season meet will be televised or streamed in 2022, including all five home meets. The Crimson Tide’s schedule was finalized when the Southeastern Conference and ESPN revealed the league’s television slate Thursday afternoon.
The highlight of the Tide’s 2022 television schedule comes in week two of the season, when Alabama will face Florida on ABC. The meet marks the first time that the network will air a collegiate meet during the regular season.
In addition to ABC, Alabama meets will be broadcast on ESPN2, ESPNU and the SEC Network along with being streamed on SEC Network + during the 2022 regular season. Both sessions of the SEC Championships will also air on the SEC Network, while every round of the NCAA Championships are slated to be aired on the ABC / ESPN family of networks.
Gymnastics season tickets are on sale now through the Alabama Ticket Office.
Head Coach Dana Duckworth Said
“We are very fortunate to have such strong broadcast partners, which has allowed us to take Alabama gymnastics from a national to a global presence. We are beyond grateful and honored to have earned the opportunity to take part in the first regular-season meet to air on ABC. This is a historic moment in the growth of our sport and we can not wait to be a part of it. We have another amazing schedule and while there is nothing like being present at Coleman Coliseum for a meet, the next best thing is tuning in and seeing the Crimson Tide in action. ”
Alabama Gymnastics’ TV / Streaming Schedule (All Times Central)
- The Crimson Tide will face Florida in the first regular-season collegiate gymnastics meet to air on ABC Sun., Jan. 16 in Gainesville, Fla. (2 pm)
- Alabama is slated to compete on ESPN2 at Oklahoma (Jan. 9/12 pm) and at Auburn (Jan. 28/8 pm)
- The Tide will compete on the SEC Network against Kentucky (Jan. 21/6: 30 pm), Georgia (Feb. 11/6: 30 pm) and Missouri (Feb. 25/5 pm)
- The Tide’s matchup at LSU on Feb. 18 will air on ESPNU at 8 pm
- The Tide’s tri-meet with UNC and Western Michigan (Feb. 4) and its meet against Arkansas (March 4) will stream live on SECNetwork + with both meets starting at 7 pm
- Both sessions of the SEC Championships (2:30 pm/7pm) will air on the SEC Network on March 19
- The NCAA Championships Final will air live on Saturday, April 16 at 12 pm on ABC
- The NCAA Championships Semifinals will be broadcast live on ESPN2 on Thursday, April 14, with Semifinal I airing at 12 pm and Semifinal II airing live at 5 pm
- There will be streaming coverage of NCAA Regional Championships, with all four regionals streaming live on the ESPN App via ESPN3 / ESPN + with coverage of every gymnast and apparatus